Pumpkin Spice Superfood Baking Recipe
Follow these steps to create delicious baked goods with the warmth of pumpkin spice.
- 2-3+ cups of Pumpkin Spice Superfood Protein Mix
- Alternately you can use either the Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix plus Cinnamon and Ginger to your taste preference or use the Unsweetened-Unflavored version plus Cinnamon and Ginger, and the sweetener of your choice; Add Cinnamon and Ginger at approx. 10% of the total Naturally Sweetened or Unsweetened Superfood Mix used in a recommended ratio of 3 to 1, adjust to your taste preference
- Optional: 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein (use the appropriate flavor)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of Superfood Mix used (for rising)
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 shredded carrots
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- Options: Add more shredded coconut, raisins, nuts, etc. if desired
- Optional if you’d like to add more slow-burning carbs: ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix used (note that oats are not Paleo)
- Add approx. 1/8 or more teaspoon of salt (sea salt recommended) per cup of mix used depending on your taste preference
- Mix the following ingredients:
- Pumpkin Spice Superfood Protein Mix
- Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix (with Cinnamon and Ginger) or Unsweetened-Unflavored version (with Cinnamon and Ginger and sweetener)
- Optional: P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein
- Optional: Baking Powder for rising
- Optional but recommended: Shredded carrots
- Optional but recommended: Finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- Options: Additional shredded coconut, raisins, nuts, etc.
- Optional: Oats for slow-burning carbs (not Paleo)
- Approx. 1/8 or more teaspoon of salt
- Add water sparingly if needed:
- Mix thoroughly and assess moisture from bananas and carrots.
- Add water a few ounces at a time, mixing to allow absorption.
- Consistency should be like a relatively thick batter, similar to cake mix.
- You can adjust water content as needed, but start conservatively.
- Place on a cookie or baking sheet and follow the general baking directions.
Note: Achieving the desired consistency is key; add water incrementally to maintain thickness. The instructions are a guideline; experiment to suit your preferences.
Make the World’s Most Super-Nutritious & Delicious High-Protein, Nutrient-Dense Muffins & Cupcakes!
How to Make Muffins & Cupcakes:
- Simply use a muffin or cupcake pan for whatever size you’d like to make. We find that it works best with the small or mini-muffins or cupcakes (both due to shorter baking time and serving size). Since Superfood Muffins (or cupcakes) don’t rise very much, they are pretty dense which means they are much more filling.
- Making Superfood Muffins & Cupcakes is very similar to making Superfood Bread;
- Use muffin / cupcake pans (again, the small / mini size works best) and mix up enough to fill them appropriately. The baking time will be quite a bit longer than for a bar, bite, brownie or cookie due to the increased thickness.
- Be sure to use butter, oil, or cooking spray on the pan surfaces to keep it from sticking;
- When making muffins or cupcakes in a muffin pans you really have to bake it, dehydration won’t work well due to the sides of the bake pan which interfere with air flow;
- We recommend approx. 300 degrees (lower will work as well and we do prefer it when time isn’t a concern; if you’d prefer a lower baking temperature, simply increase the baking time to suit the texture you’d like your finished product to be);
- Once finished baking, simply allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes;
- Of course you can add frosting to the cupcakes (since basically cupcakes are muffins with icing of some kind on top). Obviously look for and choose a healthy frosting recipe as appropriate for the flavor of the cupcakes you’re making);
- Place the finished muffins or cupcakes in Zip-Lock bags or seal-tight Tupperware ?? style containers for future consumption;
- Refrigeration will help to keep them edible for about a week and a half whereas freezing will keep it fresh and edible for many months (although you’ll likely eat it long before that).
Our products are super healthy and taste great. They can also be further customized to your specific taste preferences and forms. The same products can be used multiple ways to create super healthy, nutritious meals that are grain & gluten-free with a high protein content and minimal sugar content.
We provide a wide range of recipes to get you started but feel free to experiment.
The key to good health is developing a regimen that supports a balanced metabolism while providing all of the key nutrients you need to thrive. It is about consistency and convenience, but you also have to enjoy what you’re eating. The versatility of our products makes it easy to customize your diet with superior ingredients.