Pumpkin Spice Superfood Protein Cake Recipe
Create a Delicious Pumpkin Spice Protein Cake with Nutrient-Packed Superfood Mix
- 2-3+ cups of Pumpkin Spice Superfood Protein Mix;
- Alternately: You can use either the Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix plus Cinnamon and Ginger to your taste preference or use the Unsweetened-Unflavored version plus Cinnamon and Ginger, and the sweetener of your choice; Add Cinnamon and Ginger at approx. 10% of the total Naturally Sweetened or Unsweetened Superfood Mix used in a recommended ratio of 3 to 1, adjust to your taste preference;
- Optional: To boost protein content, add 1 or more scoops of either P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein (use appropriate flavor of either); If Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored or Unsweetened-Unflavored are used, add the appropriate amount of additional spices;
- Optional: If you want your cake to rise, add 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of Superfood Mix used and mix well;
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 shredded carrots;
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas;
- Options: Add more shredded coconut, raisins, and/or nuts if desired;
- Optional: Add slow-burning carbs by including ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix used (note: oats are not Paleo);
- Add approx. 1/8 or more teaspoon of salt (sea salt recommended) per cup of mix used depending on your taste preference;
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare a cake pan by greasing and lining with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Pumpkin Spice Superfood Protein Mix with your choice of flavoring options.
- If desired, add P3 or P4 for extra protein.
- If you want your cake to rise, mix in the Baking Powder.
- Add shredded carrots and mashed bananas for enhanced texture and flavor.
- For added richness, consider shredded coconut, raisins, nuts, oats, and salt.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly, then add water sparingly.
- Gradually add water, mixing until absorbed. Aim for a thick batter consistency, similar to cake mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes.
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting or serving.
Indulge in a flavorful Pumpkin Spice Superfood Protein Cake that’s both nutritious and satisfying!
How To Make Nutritious & Delicious High Protein, Nutrient Cakes
Cake: Make the World’s Most Super-Nutritious & Delicious High-Protein, Nutrient-Dense Cakes! (Not only is Cake made with our mixes nutrient-dense, it’s also just plain dense. There’s nothing light or fluffy about them. They are a meal!)
“Let them eat cake.”
Marie Antoinette’s naive statement regarding what the peasants should eat would not have been taken the way it was if they had had Superfood High-Protein Cake.
Making Superfood Cakes is very similar to making Superfood Bread.
- Use whatever size & shape cake pan you’d like your final product to be and mix up enough to fill it appropriately. The baking time will be quite a bit longer than for a bar, bite, brownie or cookie due to the increased thickness. We recommend using smaller cake pans for best results due to the high density;
- Be sure to use butter, oil, or cooking spray on the pan surfaces to keep it from sticking
- When making cake in a cake pan you really have to bake it, dehydration won’t work well due to the sides of the bake pan which interfere with air flow
- If you do want to dehydrate rather than bake, you’ll need to place the batter in a flattened mound (in case you want to make a multi-layer cake);
- If dehydrating, we recommend 118 degrees. It will take 4-6 hours or more depending on how large the mound is and how moist or dry you’d like the cake to be
- If baking, we recommend approx. 300 degrees (lower will work as well and we do prefer it when time isn’t a concern. If you’d prefer a lower baking temperature, simply increase the baking time to suit the texture you’d like your finished product to be)
- Once finished dehydrating or baking, simply allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes
- Layer it if that’s what you’d like to do and slice it as you would any cake
- Of course you can add frosting as with any other cake (obviously look for some healthy frosting recipes as appropriate for the flavor of cake you’re making)
- Wrap the cake, or place it in Zip-Lock bag or seal-tight Tupperware style containers for future consumption
- Refrigeration will help to keep the cake edible for about a week and a half whereas freezing will keep it fresh and edible for many months (although you’ll likely eat it long before that)