Gingerbread Superfood Protein Muffins Recipe
Follow the instructions below to make delectable Gingerbread Superfood Protein Muffins using the specified ingredients.
- 2-3+ cups of Gingerbread Superfood Protein Mix
- Alternative Option: Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix with Gingerbread spices to taste, or Unsweetened-Unflavored version with Gingerbread spices and preferred sweetener
- Gingerbread spice blend (Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Allspice, Cloves) – 10% of total dry mix
- Optional: 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein (use the appropriate flavor)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of Superfood Mix used (for enhanced rise)
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 shredded carrots
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- Options: Add more shredded coconut, raisins, nuts, etc. as desired
- Approx. 1/8 teaspoon or more of salt (sea salt recommended) per cup of mix used
- Optional for added slow-burning carbs: ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix used (note that oats are not Paleo)
- Mix the following ingredients:
- Gingerbread Superfood Protein Mix
- Alternative Option: Superfood Mix with Gingerbread spices and sweetener
- Optional: P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein
- Optional: Baking Powder for improved rise
- Optional but recommended: Shredded carrots
- Optional but recommended: Finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- Options: Coconut, raisins, nuts, etc.
- Approx. 1/8 teaspoon of salt per cup of mix
- Optional: Oats for additional slow-burning carbs (not Paleo)
- Add water sparingly if needed:
- Mix thoroughly and assess moisture from bananas and carrots.
- Add water in small increments, mixing to allow absorption.
- Achieve a thick batter-like consistency, similar to cake mix.
- Adjust water content conservatively to reach desired consistency.
- Place the batter in muffin cups:
- Follow muffin baking instructions provided above.
Note: Feel free to experiment with variations based on your taste and nutritional preferences while maintaining the key base ingredients and nutrients.
Make the World’s Most Super-Nutritious & Delicious High-Protein, Nutrient-Dense Muffins & Cupcakes!
How to Make Muffins & Cupcakes:
- Simply use a muffin or cupcake pan for whatever size you’d like to make. We find that it works best with the small or mini-muffins or cupcakes (both due to shorter baking time and serving size). Since Superfood Muffins (or cupcakes) don’t rise very much, they are pretty dense which means they are much more filling.
- Making Superfood Muffins & Cupcakes is very similar to making Superfood Bread;
- Use muffin / cupcake pans (again, the small / mini size works best) and mix up enough to fill them appropriately. The baking time will be quite a bit longer than for a bar, bite, brownie or cookie due to the increased thickness.
- Be sure to use butter, oil, or cooking spray on the pan surfaces to keep it from sticking;
- When making muffins or cupcakes in a muffin pans you really have to bake it, dehydration won’t work well due to the sides of the bake pan which interfere with air flow;
- We recommend approx. 300 degrees (lower will work as well and we do prefer it when time isn’t a concern; if you’d prefer a lower baking temperature, simply increase the baking time to suit the texture you’d like your finished product to be);
- Once finished baking, simply allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes;
- Of course you can add frosting to the cupcakes (since basically cupcakes are muffins with icing of some kind on top). Obviously look for and choose a healthy frosting recipe as appropriate for the flavor of the cupcakes you’re making);
- Place the finished muffins or cupcakes in Zip-Lock bags or seal-tight Tupperware ?? style containers for future consumption;
- Refrigeration will help to keep them edible for about a week and a half whereas freezing will keep it fresh and edible for many months (although you’ll likely eat it long before that).