Healthy Gingerbread Superfood Protein Cookies Recipe
Follow these steps to create scrumptious Gingerbread Superfood Protein Cookies using the ingredients listed below.
- 2-3+ cups of Gingerbread Superfood Protein Mix
- Alternate option: Use Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix plus Gingerbread spices or Unsweetened-Unflavored version plus Gingerbread spices with your chosen sweetener
- To prepare Gingerbread spice mix: Add Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Allspice, and Cloves in a recommended ratio of 1:1:¼:¼:¼ (adjust to your taste preference)
- Optional: Add 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein (use appropriate flavor)
- If using Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored or Unsweetened-Unflavored: Add the appropriate amount of additional spices
- Optional: To enhance rise, add 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of Superfood Mix
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 shredded carrots
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- Options: Add more shredded coconut, raisins, and/or nuts if desired
- Optional for taste: Add approx. 1/8 or more teaspoon of salt (sea salt recommended) per cup of mix used
- Optional for slow-burning carbs: ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix (note: oats are not Paleo)
- Mixing the Dough: Begin by combining 2-3+ cups of Gingerbread Superfood Protein Mix in a bowl.
- Flavor Variations: Experiment with flavors by using Gingerbread spices or custom spice blends.
- Preparing Gingerbread Spice: Create the Gingerbread spice mix with Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Allspice, and Cloves.
- Increasing Protein: Boost protein content with P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein.
- Enhancing Rise: Encourage a gentle rise by adding Baking Powder.
- Carrots and Bananas: Incorporate shredded carrots and mashed bananas for added flavor and moisture.
- Custom Texture: Add shredded coconut, raisins, and nuts for a delightful texture.
- Salt for Flavor: Enhance the taste with a pinch of sea salt.
- Oats for Carbs: Optionally, include oats for slow-burning carbohydrates.
- Gradual Water Addition: Mix ingredients and add water sparingly; bananas and carrots contribute moisture.
- Consistency: Achieve a batter consistency similar to cake mix through thorough mixing.
- Adjusting Water: Modify water content (1-3 ounces) for desired batter thickness.
- Preparation: Drop spoonfuls of batter onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Baking Process: Follow general baking guidelines for optimal results.
- Cool and Enjoy: Let the Gingerbread Superfood Protein Cookies cool before savoring these delightful treats.
Feel free to experiment with various ingredient combinations to cater to your taste and nutritional preferences while maintaining the core base ingredients and nutrients.
How To Make Bites & Cookies
Use standard flat cookie sheet to make both Bites & Cookies. The difference between bites and cookies is simply whether you choose to leave the scooped mix in the shape of the scoop (bites) or flatten it into a cookie. We recommend using either parchment paper or a silicon baking mat to prevent the mix from sticking to the pan thereby requiring more clean-up (alternately, coating the pan with butter, oil, or Pam ® will work also).
- Scoop approximately 1 large tablespoon-sized dollop of mixed ingredients onto the cookie sheet
- Leave it rounded to make bites or gently mash or flatten it to make a cookie. We like to use a small ice cream scoop which works very well and the mix comes out much cleaner this way.
- Preheat the oven at 300 degrees (this helps you to properly time the process so you can get it down for your over)
- Place the cookie sheets in the oven and allow to cook for approx. 8-10 minutes
- Cooking time will vary based on the ingredients used, how moist the mix is, your oven, and how you like your cookies; some people like them soft and chewy while others like them crispy
- In either event, be sure to take them out a bit before you think they are ready as they will continue to firm up as they cool off
- It will likely take a couple of times to figure out how you like them best.