Chocolate & Coconut Almond Superfood Protein Cookies Recipe
Discover how to make delicious Chocolate & Coconut Almond Superfood Protein Cookies with the provided instructions and ingredients.
- 2-3+ cups of a combination of Chocolate & Coconut Almond SuperFood Protein Mix &/or a combination of Chocolate & Coconut Almond Superfood Macaroon Mix
- Alternate option: Use Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix and add Cacao/Coco & Coconut Almond flavoring or Unsweetened-Unflavored version with Cacao/Coco, Coconut Almond flavoring, and chosen sweetener
- Optional: Incorporate 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein (use appropriate flavor)
- Optional: Enhance rise with 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of Superfood Mix
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 shredded carrots
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- Options: Add chocolate chips, extra shredded coconut, &/or nuts as desired
- Optional for slow-burning carbs: ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix (note: oats are not Paleo)
- Mixing the Dough: Combine 2-3+ cups of Chocolate & Coconut Almond SuperFood Protein Mix &/or Chocolate & Coconut Almond Superfood Macaroon Mix.
- Flavor and Sweetener: Experiment with Cacao/Coco & Coconut Almond flavoring or Unsweetened-Unflavored version with Cacao/Coco, Coconut Almond flavoring, and preferred sweetener.
- Increasing Protein: Boost protein content with P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein.
- Enhancing Rise: Add 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of Superfood Mix for improved rise.
- Carrots and Bananas: Incorporate shredded carrots and mashed bananas for added flavor and moisture.
- Custom Texture: Introduce chocolate chips, more shredded coconut, and nuts to enhance texture.
- Oats for Carbs: Optionally, include oats for slow-burning carbohydrates.
- Gradual Water Addition: Mix ingredients and add water gradually, considering natural moisture from bananas and carrots.
- Consistency: Achieve batter consistency akin to cake mix through thorough mixing.
- Adjusting Water: Modify water content (1-3 ounces) for desired batter thickness.
- Preparation: Place spoonfuls of batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Baking Process: Follow general baking guidelines for optimal results.
- Cool and Enjoy: Allow Chocolate & Coconut Almond Superfood Protein Cookies to cool before savoring.
How To Make Bites & Cookies
Use standard flat cookie sheet to make both Bites & Cookies. The difference between bites and cookies is simply whether you choose to leave the scooped mix in the shape of the scoop (bites) or flatten it into a cookie. We recommend using either parchment paper or a silicon baking mat to prevent the mix from sticking to the pan thereby requiring more clean-up (alternately, coating the pan with butter, oil, or Pam ® will work also).
- Scoop approximately 1 large tablespoon-sized dollop of mixed ingredients onto the cookie sheet
- Leave it rounded to make bites or gently mash or flatten it to make a cookie. We like to use a small ice cream scoop which works very well and the mix comes out much cleaner this way.
- Preheat the oven at 300 degrees (this helps you to properly time the process so you can get it down for your over)
- Place the cookie sheets in the oven and allow to cook for approx. 8-10 minutes
- Cooking time will vary based on the ingredients used, how moist the mix is, your oven, and how you like your cookies; some people like them soft and chewy while others like them crispy
- In either event, be sure to take them out a bit before you think they are ready as they will continue to firm up as they cool off
- It will likely take a couple of times to figure out how you like them best.