Healthy Chocolate & Coconut Almond Protein Biscotti Recipe
Create delightful Chocolate & Coconut Almond Protein Biscotti by following the instructions below and using the specified ingredients.
- 2-3+ cups of a combination of Chocolate & Coconut Almond SuperFood Protein Mix &/or Chocolate & Coconut Almond Superfood Macaroon Mix, based on desired servings
- Alternate Flavor Option: Opt for Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix with added Cacao/Coco & Coconut Almond flavoring, or Unsweetened-Unflavored version with Cacao/Coco, Coconut Almond flavoring, and preferred sweetener
- Optional Protein Boost: Include 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein (choose suitable flavor)
- Optional Rise: If desired, add 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM before other ingredients
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 shredded carrots
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- Options: Customize with chocolate chips, extra shredded coconut, and/or nuts according to taste
- Optional slow-burning carbs: Consider ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix (note: oats are not Paleo)
- Combination of Mixes: Use 2-3+ cups of a combination of Chocolate & Coconut Almond SuperFood Protein Mix &/or Chocolate & Coconut Almond Superfood Macaroon Mix
- Alternate Flavor Option: Alternatively, combine Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix with Cacao/Coco & Coconut Almond flavoring, or Unsweetened-Unflavored version with Cacao/Coco, Coconut Almond flavoring, and preferred sweetener
- Protein Enhancement: Boost protein with 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein as per chosen flavor
- Rise Addition: If desired, introduce 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM before introducing other components
- Carrots and Bananas: Consider enriching your mix with 1-2 shredded carrots and 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- Customization: Personalize with chocolate chips, extra shredded coconut, and/or nuts as preferred
- Slow-Burning Carbs: Optionally, introduce ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix (note: oats are not Paleo)
- Water Incorporation: After mixing, add water in moderation. Often, bananas and carrots provide sufficient moisture. Approximately 1 cup of water usually suffices
- Thorough Mixing: Blend the mixture meticulously until achieving a consistent batter resembling cake mix texture
- Desired Consistency: Aim for a moderately thick batter, akin to cake mix. Consult preparation videos on the website for visual guidance
- Water Adjustment: If required, gradually add water (1-3 ounces). Remember, adding water is simpler than reducing it. Begin conservatively and increase if needed. Avoid excessive water that may compromise batter thickness
- Shaping and Baking: Form the batter on a baking or cookie sheet, adhering to the general directions provided above
How To Make Nutritious & Delicious High Protein, Nutrient Dense Biscotti
- A biscotti is simply a double baked cookie-like treat, usually with slight variations of the ratio of flour to sugar to eggs, etc. to make it come out nice and crisp.
- There are several ways to make Biscottis with superfood mix, and we’re still experimenting with them (since SFM has no sugar or flour, which are keys to getting the hard consistency of biscottis, it is a bit challenging to make them come out quite as hard & dry as a regular biscotti).
- We’ve made them both with and without eggs added (typically 1-2 eggs per cup of SFM used), it works out fine either way so try both ways to determine your preference.
- Simply follow any of the recipes given below or your own variations; spread the completed mix onto a large baking pan and shape it into a rounded, flattened loaf; use parchment paper or grease the baking tray to prevent it from sticking;
- Bake it until done (test with a toothpick) typically 25-35 minutes; allow it to cool;
- Slice the loaf into strips approximately 1-1.5 inches wide and lay them flat on the baking tray; you may need to re-grease the tray if not using parchment paper;
- Bake again at the same temperature for another 15-25 minutes (being careful not to burn or overcook them);
- Allow them to cool and they should turn out looking like a biscotti!