Healthy Carrot Banana Cookies Recipe
Create delicious Carrot Banana Cookies with SuperFood Protein Mix and Superfood Macaroon Mix for a healthy treat.
- 2-3+ cups of SuperFood Protein Mix &/or Superfood Macaroon Mix (adjust quantity based on desired servings)
- Various flavors of Superfood Protein Mix for flavor variation
- Several versions of Superfood Macaroon Mix affecting flavor and texture
- Optional: Add 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein to boost protein content
- Optional: Incorporate 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM used for enhanced rise
- 2-3 shredded carrots (recommended ratio: one per cup of mix)
- 2-3 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas (recommended ratio: one per cup of mix)
- Optional: Include slow-burning carbs with ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix (not suitable for Paleo diet)
- Mixing the Ingredients: Start by combining 2-3+ cups of SuperFood Protein Mix &/or Superfood Macaroon Mix in a large mixing bowl, adjusting the amount based on desired servings.
- Flavor and Texture: Experiment with various flavors of Superfood Protein Mix and Superfood Macaroon Mix to determine your preferred taste and texture.
- Increasing Protein: For added protein, consider incorporating 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein.
- Enhancing Rise: If desired, enhance the rise of your cookies by adding 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of mix used.
- Carrots and Bananas: Include 2-3 shredded carrots and 2-3 mashed bananas in the mix to enhance flavor and moisture.
- Optional Oats: If slow-burning carbs are preferred, add ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix (not suitable for those following the Paleo diet).
- Gradual Water Addition: Gradually add water as needed, considering the moisture content of the bananas and carrots.
- Thorough Mixing: Ensure all ingredients are thoroughly mixed to achieve a consistent batter.
- Adjusting Water: Modify the water content to achieve the desired batter thickness.
- Consistency Check: Aim for a batter consistency similar to that of a cake mix.
- Preparing the Baking Sheet: Place spoonfuls of the batter onto a cookie or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Baking Process: Follow the general baking directions as outlined in the recipe.
- Cool and Enjoy: Allow the cookies to cool before savoring their deliciousness.
How To Make Bites & Cookies
Use standard flat cookie sheet to make both Bites & Cookies. The difference between bites and cookies is simply whether you choose to leave the scooped mix in the shape of the scoop (bites) or flatten it into a cookie. We recommend using either parchment paper or a silicon baking mat to prevent the mix from sticking to the pan thereby requiring more clean-up (alternately, coating the pan with butter, oil, or Pam ® will work also).
- Scoop approximately 1 large tablespoon-sized dollop of mixed ingredients onto the cookie sheet
- Leave it rounded to make bites or gently mash or flatten it to make a cookie. We like to use a small ice cream scoop which works very well and the mix comes out much cleaner this way.
- Preheat the oven at 300 degrees (this helps you to properly time the process so you can get it down for your over)
- Place the cookie sheets in the oven and allow to cook for approx. 8-10 minutes
- Cooking time will vary based on the ingredients used, how moist the mix is, your oven, and how you like your cookies; some people like them soft and chewy while others like them crispy
- In either event, be sure to take them out a bit before you think they are ready as they will continue to firm up as they cool off
- It will likely take a couple of times to figure out how you like them best.