Delicious Butterscotch SuperFood Biscotti Recipe
Create scrumptious Butterscotch SuperFood Biscotti using the following recipe. Discover a delightful blend of flavors and textures that make for a perfect treat.
- 2-3+ cups of either Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix or Unsweetened-Unflavored version combined with your preferred sweetener
- Optional Protein Boost: Enhance protein content with 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein (use the appropriate flavor)
- Optional Rise Enhancement: To increase rise, consider adding 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM before adding other ingredients
- Butterscotch Flavor: Incorporate natural butterscotch flavoring to your taste preference
- Butterscotch Chips: Alternatively or additionally, add approximately ¼ cup of butterscotch chips per cup of Superfood Mix used
- Optional: 1-2 shredded carrots for added nutrition
- Optional: 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas for a smooth texture
- Options: Customize with extra shredded coconut, and/or nuts if desired
- Optional Slow-Burning Carbs: Consider adding ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix used (note that oats are not Paleo)
- SuperFood Mix Selection: Follow the steps above, utilizing either the Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix or Unsweetened-Unflavored version combined with your chosen sweetener
- Protein Enhancement: If desired, boost protein content by incorporating 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein (choose appropriate flavor)
- Rise Enhancement: To enhance biscotti rise, you may add 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM before integrating other ingredients
- Butterscotch Flavor: Add natural butterscotch flavoring according to your taste preference
- Butterscotch Chips Addition: For added richness, include around ¼ cup of butterscotch chips per cup of Superfood Mix used
- Carrots & Bananas: Optionally, incorporate 1-2 shredded carrots and 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- Customize Ingredients: Optionally, add extra shredded coconut, and/or nuts to create your desired flavor profile
- Slow-Burning Carbs: If desired, consider including ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix used (note that oats are not considered Paleo)
- Gradual Water Incorporation: Begin mixing and sparingly add water, evaluating moisture based on banana and carrot content; incorporate water a few ounces at a time
- Water Absorption: Mix to allow water absorption; typically, around 1 cup of water should suffice in most cases
- Thorough Mixing: Meticulously mix all ingredients for a uniform blend
- Consistency Check: Assess batter consistency; it should resemble the thickness of cake mix (view preparation videos on the website)
- Water Adjustment: If necessary, gradually add a small amount of water (1-3 ounces) to maintain desired batter thickness
- Baking Preparation: Transfer batter onto a baking or cookie sheet and follow general directions as outlined above
How To Make Nutritious & Delicious High Protein, Nutrient Dense Biscotti
- A biscotti is simply a double baked cookie-like treat, usually with slight variations of the ratio of flour to sugar to eggs, etc. to make it come out nice and crisp.
- There are several ways to make Biscottis with superfood mix, and we’re still experimenting with them (since SFM has no sugar or flour, which are keys to getting the hard consistency of biscottis, it is a bit challenging to make them come out quite as hard & dry as a regular biscotti).
- We’ve made them both with and without eggs added (typically 1-2 eggs per cup of SFM used), it works out fine either way so try both ways to determine your preference.
- Simply follow any of the recipes given below or your own variations; spread the completed mix onto a large baking pan and shape it into a rounded, flattened loaf; use parchment paper or grease the baking tray to prevent it from sticking;
- Bake it until done (test with a toothpick) typically 25-35 minutes; allow it to cool;
- Slice the loaf into strips approximately 1-1.5 inches wide and lay them flat on the baking tray; you may need to re-grease the tray if not using parchment paper;
- Bake again at the same temperature for another 15-25 minutes (being careful not to burn or overcook them);
- Allow them to cool and they should turn out looking like a biscotti!