Banana Walnut or Banana Pecan Cookies Recipe
Create delightful Banana Walnut or Banana Pecan Cookies using a blend of SuperFood Protein Mix and/or Superfood Macaroon Mix.
- 2-3+ cups of SuperFood Protein Mix and/or Superfood Macaroon Mix (adjust quantity based on desired servings)
- Explore various flavors of Superfood Protein Mix for unique flavor profiles
- Consider four different versions of Superfood Macaroon Mix to influence texture and taste
- Optional: Incorporate 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein for added protein content
- Optional: Enhance rise by adding 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM and mixing before other ingredients
- 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- ½ cup of sliced strawberries
- Options: Add nuts of choice for additional texture
- Optional: Include ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix for slow-burning carbs (note: oats are not Paleo-friendly)
- Combining the Ingredients: Follow the previous steps, mixing 2-3+ cups of SuperFood Protein Mix and/or Superfood Macaroon Mix in a mixing bowl.
- Flavor and Texture Influence: Experiment with various Superfood Protein Mix flavors and Superfood Macaroon Mix versions to influence the final taste and texture.
- Protein Boost: If desired, include 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein for increased protein content.
- Enhancing the Rise: To encourage a rise in the cookies, add 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM, mix well, and then incorporate other ingredients.
- Bananas and Strawberries: Blend in 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas and ½ cup of sliced strawberries to infuse flavor.
- Nutty Addition: Optionally, introduce nuts of your choice to enhance the cookies’ texture and taste.
- Incorporating Slow-Burning Carbs: If desired, include ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix to add slow-burning carbs (please note that oats are not considered Paleo-friendly).
- Gradual Water Addition: Proceed with gradually adding water, considering the moisture from bananas and strawberries. Add water in small amounts, allowing absorption; typically, around 1 cup of water is sufficient.
- Thorough Mixing: Ensure thorough mixing of ingredients to create a uniform batter.
- Desired Batter Consistency: Aim for a relatively thick batter consistency, akin to cake mix. Refer to preparation videos on the website for visual guidance.
- Adjusting Water Levels: If needed, make incremental adjustments to water levels (1-3 ounces) to attain the desired batter consistency.
- Preparing for Baking: Spoon the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Baking Instructions: Follow the general baking directions outlined in the recipe.
- Cool and Enjoy: Allow the cookies to cool before relishing in their harmonious blend of flavors and textures.
How To Make Bites & Cookies
Use standard flat cookie sheet to make both Bites & Cookies. The difference between bites and cookies is simply whether you choose to leave the scooped mix in the shape of the scoop (bites) or flatten it into a cookie. We recommend using either parchment paper or a silicon baking mat to prevent the mix from sticking to the pan thereby requiring more clean-up (alternately, coating the pan with butter, oil, or Pam ® will work also).
- Scoop approximately 1 large tablespoon-sized dollop of mixed ingredients onto the cookie sheet
- Leave it rounded to make bites or gently mash or flatten it to make a cookie. We like to use a small ice cream scoop which works very well and the mix comes out much cleaner this way.
- Preheat the oven at 300 degrees (this helps you to properly time the process so you can get it down for your over)
- Place the cookie sheets in the oven and allow to cook for approx. 8-10 minutes
- Cooking time will vary based on the ingredients used, how moist the mix is, your oven, and how you like your cookies; some people like them soft and chewy while others like them crispy
- In either event, be sure to take them out a bit before you think they are ready as they will continue to firm up as they cool off
- It will likely take a couple of times to figure out how you like them best.