Banana Strawberry Cookies Recipe
Create delectable Banana Strawberry Cookies using the following steps and ingredients.
- 2-3+ cups of SuperFood Protein Mix and/or Superfood Macaroon Mix (adjust quantity for desired servings)
- Explore diverse flavors of Superfood Protein Mix for varied final cookie tastes
- Consider four versions of Superfood Macaroon Mix for distinctive flavors and textures
- Optional: Enhance protein content with 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein
- Optional: Add 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM for a slight rise, mixing before adding other ingredients
- 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- ½ cup of sliced strawberries
- Options: Incorporate nuts as desired to enhance texture and flavor
- Optional: Include ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix for slow-burning carbs (please note that oats are not Paleo-friendly)
- Choosing the Mix: Select 2-3+ cups of SuperFood Protein Mix and/or Superfood Macaroon Mix based on desired servings.
- Flavor Variation: Experiment with diverse Superfood Protein Mix flavors and Macaroon Mix versions for unique cookie experiences.
- Increasing Protein: To elevate protein content, consider adding 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein.
- Enhancing the Rise: If you prefer a slight rise, include 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM, mix thoroughly, and then proceed with other ingredients.
- Adding Bananas and Strawberries: Blend 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas and ½ cup of sliced strawberries into the mix for a delightful twist.
- Nutty Flair: Optionally, introduce nuts of your choice to augment both texture and taste.
- Introducing Slow-Burning Carbs: For a slower release of carbs, consider adding ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix (please note that oats are not considered Paleo-friendly).
- Gradual Water Addition: Mix the ingredients and then cautiously add water, considering the natural moisture from bananas and strawberries. Gradually add a few ounces at a time, mixing to ensure absorption; approximately 1 cup of water is usually sufficient.
- Thorough Mixing: Ensure thorough mixing to create a uniform batter with consistent flavors and textures.
- Optimal Batter Consistency: Aim for a relatively dense batter consistency, resembling that of a cake mix. Refer to preparation videos on the website for visual guidance.
- Adjusting Water Levels: If necessary, make incremental adjustments to water levels (1-3 ounces) to achieve the desired batter consistency.
- Preparing for Baking: Using a spoon, place spoonfuls of the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Baking Process: Follow the general baking directions provided in the recipe.
- Cooling and Savoring: Allow the cookies to cool before savoring the delightful blend of banana and strawberry flavors.
How To Make Bites & Cookies
Use standard flat cookie sheet to make both Bites & Cookies. The difference between bites and cookies is simply whether you choose to leave the scooped mix in the shape of the scoop (bites) or flatten it into a cookie. We recommend using either parchment paper or a silicon baking mat to prevent the mix from sticking to the pan thereby requiring more clean-up (alternately, coating the pan with butter, oil, or Pam ® will work also).
- Scoop approximately 1 large tablespoon-sized dollop of mixed ingredients onto the cookie sheet
- Leave it rounded to make bites or gently mash or flatten it to make a cookie. We like to use a small ice cream scoop which works very well and the mix comes out much cleaner this way.
- Preheat the oven at 300 degrees (this helps you to properly time the process so you can get it down for your over)
- Place the cookie sheets in the oven and allow to cook for approx. 8-10 minutes
- Cooking time will vary based on the ingredients used, how moist the mix is, your oven, and how you like your cookies; some people like them soft and chewy while others like them crispy
- In either event, be sure to take them out a bit before you think they are ready as they will continue to firm up as they cool off
- It will likely take a couple of times to figure out how you like them best.