Delicious Strawberry Banana SuperFood Biscotti Recipe
Indulge in the delightful flavors of Strawberry Banana SuperFood Biscotti. Follow the steps below to create this delicious treat using the specified ingredients.
- 2-3+ cups of SuperFood Protein Mix and/or Superfood Macaroon Mix based on desired servings
- Flavor Exploration: Discover various Superfood Protein Mix flavors for unique final Bites or Cookies
- Texture Variation: Choose from four Superfood Macaroon Mix versions affecting flavor and texture
- Optional Protein Boost: Elevate protein by adding 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein
- Rise Enhancement: Achieve a gentle rise by incorporating 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM before mixing
- Banana Bliss: Add 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas for delightful flavor and moisture
- Sweet Strawberry Slices: Integrate sliced strawberries for a burst of freshness and fruity essence
- Custom Nutty Crunch: Optionally, include your favorite nuts for added texture and flavor
- Slow-Burning Carbs: If desired, add ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix used for sustained energy (note that oats are not Paleo)
- SuperFood Mix Selection: Follow the steps above, using SuperFood Protein Mix and/or Superfood Macaroon Mix based on desired servings
- Flavorful Journey: Explore diverse Superfood Protein Mix flavors to craft your desired taste experience
- Texture Discovery: Experiment with the four Superfood Macaroon Mix versions for distinct flavor and texture encounters
- Protein Enrichment: Optionally, introduce 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein for added protein content
- Rise Enhancement: To achieve subtle rise, include 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM before continuing
- Banana Moisture: Incorporate 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas for delightful moistness
- Strawberry Freshness: Add sliced strawberries to infuse the biscotti with a burst of fruity flavor
- Personal Nutty Touch: Customizing your biscotti with nuts offers a delightful crunch and additional flavor dimension
- Slow-Burning Carbs: Optionally, consider adding ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix used for prolonged energy release (note that oats are not considered Paleo)
- Gradual Water Incorporation: Mix the ingredients and gradually add water sparingly as needed
- Water Absorption: Mix and allow water to be absorbed; generally, around 1 cup of water suffices
- Thorough Mixing: Blend the ingredients thoroughly to ensure a uniform mixture
- Consistency Check: Assess the batter’s consistency, aiming for thickness akin to cake mix (reference preparation videos on the website)
- Water Adjustment: If necessary, incorporate a small amount of water (1-3 ounces) to maintain desired batter thickness
- Preparation for Baking: Spread the batter onto a baking or cookie sheet and follow the general directions outlined above
How To Make Nutritious & Delicious High Protein, Nutrient Dense Biscotti
- A biscotti is simply a double baked cookie-like treat, usually with slight variations of the ratio of flour to sugar to eggs, etc. to make it come out nice and crisp.
- There are several ways to make Biscottis with superfood mix, and we’re still experimenting with them (since SFM has no sugar or flour, which are keys to getting the hard consistency of biscottis, it is a bit challenging to make them come out quite as hard & dry as a regular biscotti).
- We’ve made them both with and without eggs added (typically 1-2 eggs per cup of SFM used), it works out fine either way so try both ways to determine your preference.
- Simply follow any of the recipes given below or your own variations; spread the completed mix onto a large baking pan and shape it into a rounded, flattened loaf; use parchment paper or grease the baking tray to prevent it from sticking;
- Bake it until done (test with a toothpick) typically 25-35 minutes; allow it to cool;
- Slice the loaf into strips approximately 1-1.5 inches wide and lay them flat on the baking tray; you may need to re-grease the tray if not using parchment paper;
- Bake again at the same temperature for another 15-25 minutes (being careful not to burn or overcook them);
- Allow them to cool and they should turn out looking like a biscotti!