Wholesome Superfood Carrot Banana Nut Muffin Recipe
Create delectable Superfood Carrot Banana Nut Muffins by following the steps below with the specified ingredients.
- 2-3+ cups of SuperFood Protein Mix &/or Superfood Macaroon Mix (adjust based on desired servings)
- Note: Choose from various flavors of Superfood Protein Mix to influence taste. Different versions of Superfood Macaroon Mix will impact flavor and texture.
- Optional: 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM used (for enhanced rise)
- 1-2 shredded carrots
- 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- 1 cup of walnut or pecan pieces
- Optional for extra slow-burning carbs: ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix used (oats are not Paleo)
- Combine the following in a large mixing bowl:
- SuperFood Protein Mix &/or Superfood Macaroon Mix (adjust quantities as needed)
- Optional: P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein
- Optional: Baking Powder for enhanced rise
- Shredded carrots
- Finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- Walnut or pecan pieces
- Optional: Oats for extra slow-burning carbs (not Paleo)
- Adjust water and mix:
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Gradually add water: Consider moisture from carrots and bananas. Add water in small increments, aiming for a cake batter-like consistency.
- Ensure a thick batter, and adjust water as needed.
- Prepare the muffin batter:
- Refer to the general baking directions provided above.
Important: Personalize flavors and textures within the base recipe to craft muffins tailored to your preferences while retaining essential nutrients.
Make the World’s Most Super-Nutritious & Delicious High-Protein, Nutrient-Dense Muffins & Cupcakes!
How to Make Muffins & Cupcakes:
- Simply use a muffin or cupcake pan for whatever size you’d like to make. We find that it works best with the small or mini-muffins or cupcakes (both due to shorter baking time and serving size). Since Superfood Muffins (or cupcakes) don’t rise very much, they are pretty dense which means they are much more filling.
- Making Superfood Muffins & Cupcakes is very similar to making Superfood Bread;
- Use muffin / cupcake pans (again, the small / mini size works best) and mix up enough to fill them appropriately. The baking time will be quite a bit longer than for a bar, bite, brownie or cookie due to the increased thickness.
- Be sure to use butter, oil, or cooking spray on the pan surfaces to keep it from sticking;
- When making muffins or cupcakes in a muffin pans you really have to bake it, dehydration won’t work well due to the sides of the bake pan which interfere with air flow;
- We recommend approx. 300 degrees (lower will work as well and we do prefer it when time isn’t a concern; if you’d prefer a lower baking temperature, simply increase the baking time to suit the texture you’d like your finished product to be);
- Once finished baking, simply allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes;
- Of course you can add frosting to the cupcakes (since basically cupcakes are muffins with icing of some kind on top). Obviously look for and choose a healthy frosting recipe as appropriate for the flavor of the cupcakes you’re making);
- Place the finished muffins or cupcakes in Zip-Lock bags or seal-tight Tupperware ?? style containers for future consumption;
- Refrigeration will help to keep them edible for about a week and a half whereas freezing will keep it fresh and edible for many months (although you’ll likely eat it long before that).