Healthy Pumpkin Spice Biscotti Recipe
Follow the steps below to create delightful Pumpkin Spice Biscotti using the provided ingredients and instructions.
- 2-3+ cups of Pumpkin Spice Superfood Protein Mix
- Alternate Option 1: Use Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix plus Cinnamon and Ginger to taste, or
- Alternate Option 2: Use Unsweetened-Unflavored version plus Cinnamon and Ginger, and your preferred sweetener; Add Cinnamon and Ginger at approx. 10% of the total Naturally Sweetened or Unsweetened Superfood Mix used in a recommended ratio of 3 to 1, adjusting to taste.
- Optional: Enhance protein by adding 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein; If using Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored or Unsweetened-Unflavored, incorporate additional spices accordingly.
- Optional: For a slight rise, mix in 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM before adding other ingredients.
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 shredded carrots
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- Options: Customize your biscotti by adding more shredded coconut, raisins, and/or nuts as desired.
- Optional: For additional slow-burning carbs, consider adding ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix (please note that oats are not Paleo-friendly).
- Approx. 1/8 teaspoon of salt (sea salt recommended) per cup of mix, based on personal taste.
- Mixing the Ingredients: Begin by creating your Pumpkin Spice Superfood Protein Mix, following the steps outlined in the recipe.
- Selecting the Mix: Choose 2-3+ cups of Pumpkin Spice Superfood Protein Mix based on your desired servings.
- Customizing Flavors: Alternatively, infuse your mix with flavors by using Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix plus Cinnamon and Ginger, or Unsweetened-Unflavored version plus Cinnamon and Ginger, combined with your preferred sweetener. Add Cinnamon and Ginger at approx. 10% of the total Naturally Sweetened or Unsweetened Superfood Mix used in a recommended ratio of 3 to 1, adjusting to taste.
- Elevating Protein: Boost protein content with 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein. If using Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored or Unsweetened-Unflavored, adjust the spices accordingly.
- Facilitating Rise: To achieve a subtle rise in your biscotti, incorporate 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM before adding other ingredients.
- Adding Carrots and Bananas: Enhance flavor and nutrition by adding 1-2 shredded carrots and 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas.
- Personalizing with Coconut, Raisins, and Nuts: Make the biscotti your own by including more shredded coconut, raisins, and/or nuts to suit your preferences.
- Including Slow-Burning Carbs: If desired, introduce gradual-release carbs with ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix (please be aware that oats are not Paleo-friendly).
- Adding Salt: Enhance the flavor with approx. 1/8 teaspoon of salt (sea salt recommended) per cup of mix, adjusted based on personal taste.
- Managing Water Content: After mixing, add water sparingly if needed. The natural moisture from bananas and carrots might be sufficient. Typically, around 1 cup of water is adequate.
- Achieving Consistency: Thoroughly mix the ingredients to ensure a uniform batter with consistent flavors and textures.
- Desired Batter Texture: Aim for a batter texture similar to that of cake mix. Refer to preparation
How To Make Nutritious & Delicious High Protein, Nutrient Dense Biscotti
- A biscotti is simply a double baked cookie-like treat, usually with slight variations of the ratio of flour to sugar to eggs, etc. to make it come out nice and crisp.
- There are several ways to make Biscottis with superfood mix, and we’re still experimenting with them (since SFM has no sugar or flour, which are keys to getting the hard consistency of biscottis, it is a bit challenging to make them come out quite as hard & dry as a regular biscotti).
- We’ve made them both with and without eggs added (typically 1-2 eggs per cup of SFM used), it works out fine either way so try both ways to determine your preference.
- Simply follow any of the recipes given below or your own variations; spread the completed mix onto a large baking pan and shape it into a rounded, flattened loaf; use parchment paper or grease the baking tray to prevent it from sticking;
- Bake it until done (test with a toothpick) typically 25-35 minutes; allow it to cool;
- Slice the loaf into strips approximately 1-1.5 inches wide and lay them flat on the baking tray; you may need to re-grease the tray if not using parchment paper;
- Bake again at the same temperature for another 15-25 minutes (being careful not to burn or overcook them);
- Allow them to cool and they should turn out looking like a biscotti!