Wholesome Macaroons: Craft High-Protein, Healthy Fat, and Low-Carb Delights
Create the world’s most nutritious and delectable macaroons with this easy recipe.
- Superfood Macaroon Mix (amount depends on desired yield)
- Prepare the Macaroon Mix:
- Determine the number of macaroons you wish to make and use the appropriate amount of Superfood Macaroon Mix.
- As a guide, 4 macaroons (1 tablespoon each) require approximately ½ cup of Mac Mix; 16 macaroons need 1 cup of Mac Mix.
- Gradually Add Water:
- Add roughly half the amount of water as the mix you used. For instance, if you used 1 cup of mix, add about ½ cup of water.
- The required water quantity may vary based on the Macaroon Mix version. Chocolate versions generally require more water than coconut almond versions, and those with added egg white protein need more water than those without.
- Incorporate water gradually as you mix to achieve the desired consistency.
- Select Baking Surface:
- Opt for a standard flat cookie sheet, baking tray, or dehydrator tray for shaping your macaroons.
- We recommend using parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to prevent sticking. Alternatively, greasing the pan with butter, oil, or non-stick spray works as well.
- Shape Your Macaroons:
- Use a small ice cream scoop, preferably one that holds one tablespoon, to create uniform macaroons.
- Alternatively, use a tablespoon, and if desired, shape them more uniformly by hand.
- For cookie-like macaroons, consider flattening or pressing them gently.
- Dehydrate or Bake:
- Dehydration is recommended for optimal results. Set your dehydrator to 118°F (48°C) and run for 2-3 hours. Adjust the time as needed based on the Macaroon Mix version.
- If baking, preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C) to align timing with your oven’s characteristics.
- When baking, allow macaroons to cook for approximately 6-8 minutes. Undercook slightly to avoid over-drying (they will firm up further as they cool).
- Keep a watchful eye to prevent overcooking. It’s advisable to undercook initially and adjust subsequently.
- Mastering the Texture:
- Macaroon texture preference varies—moist or slightly crispy.
- Remove them slightly earlier than you believe necessary, as they continue to firm up while cooling.
- Multiple attempts are usually needed to perfect your preferred texture.
- Variations Based on Mix:
- Superfood Macaroon Mix comes in four versions: Vegan Coconut Almond, Vegan Chocolate, Ovo-Vegetarian Coconut Almond with Egg, and Ovo-Vegetarian Chocolate with Egg.
Note: Enjoy crafting your customized, wholesome macaroons using the variety of Superfood Macaroon Mix options.