Healthy Butterscotch Superfood Cookies Recipe
Create delightful and flavorful Butterscotch Superfood Cookies using either Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix or Unsweetened-Unflavored version with your choice of sweetener.
- 2-3+ cups of either Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix or Unsweetened-Unflavored version (adjust quantity based on desired servings)
- Optional: Add 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein to increase protein content (use appropriate flavor)
- Optional: Incorporate 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM used for enhanced rise
- Add natural butterscotch flavoring to your taste preference
- Alternately or additionally: Add approximately ¼ cup of butterscotch chips per cup of Superfood Mix used
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 shredded carrots
- Optional but recommended: 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas
- Options: Add more shredded coconut, and/or nuts if desired
- Optional if you’d like to add more slow-burning carbs: ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix used (note: oats are not Paleo)
- Mixing the Ingredients: Start by combining 2-3+ cups of either Naturally Sweetened-Unflavored Superfood Mix or Unsweetened-Unflavored version in a mixing bowl.
- Boosting Protein: If desired, add 1 or more scoops of P3-Paleo Pumpkin Seed Protein or P4-Peak Performance Plant Protein to enhance the protein content.
- Enhancing Rise: To achieve a rise, consider adding 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder per cup of SFM and mix well before incorporating other ingredients.
- Butterscotch Flavor: Add natural butterscotch flavoring according to your taste preference for a delightful twist.
- Additional Butterscotch Goodness: For extra flavor and texture, optionally include approximately ¼ cup of butterscotch chips per cup of Superfood Mix used.
- Carrots and Bananas: If desired, incorporate 1-2 shredded carrots and 1-2 finely chopped, mashed, or blended bananas for added taste and moisture.
- More Additions: Feel free to introduce more shredded coconut and/or nuts if desired.
- Optional Slow-Burning Carbs: If you prefer more slow-burning carbs, include ¼ cup of oats per cup of mix used (note: oats are not Paleo-friendly).
- Gradual Water Addition: Gradually introduce water, accounting for moisture from bananas and carrots. Add water in small increments and mix until absorbed; approximately 1 cup of water should suffice in most cases.
- Thorough Mixing: Mix all ingredients thoroughly to ensure they are well combined.
- Consistency Check: Aim for a relatively thick batter consistency similar to cake mix. Reference preparation videos on the website for guidance.
- Adjusting Water: If needed, add a little more water (1-3 ounces) in small increments to achieve the desired batter consistency.
- Preparing the Baking Sheet: Place spoonfuls of the batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Baking Process: Follow the general baking directions provided in the recipe.
- Cool and Enjoy: Allow the cookies to cool before indulging in their delectable flavor and wholesome goodness.